Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back to Racing!

After IMTX I wound up with a knee injury that stuck around for 4 weeks and pretty much prevented any training besides any swimming with easy flip turns.

Three weeks post IMTX I attempted Trinona olympic distance. I made it through the swim and bike, but immediately after dismounting my bike and taking a few steps, I knew I would not be finishing the run. My first DNF. This was a very hard decision to make, but I knew it was better to not finish this race and heal up then push through and miss more races.

That proved to be the right decision. A week later I completed my first run since the ironman (30 whole minutes!). Then one week later I did Copper Creek Sprint. Not the best way to go into a race- on one week of training after four weeks off. BUT, I was RACING!!! Ended with not quite the results I had hoped for, but alright given the circumstances, and, did I mention I was RACING!?!? And that was enough to really get me going and very excited for more training and some shorter racing where it feels more like true balls to the walls racing unlike longer courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment