Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not the Best Luck

My last two races did not go quite like I would have liked. In July I raced in Muncie. At mile 8 my shifter broke. That leaves 48 miles to ride in one single gear. NOT fun! I was able to finish but not really race on the bike, so my finish time and place were not good. Of course I wasn't happy about that but I was healthy and the bike wouldn't be too hard to fix, and thought maybe if I could do really well at Steelhead I would still have a chance to qualify for Vegas.

Well, then at Steelhead they cancelled the swim! Luck has not been on my side! I guess Vegas was not meant to be. The bike and run went ok at Steelhead, but swimming is by far still my strongest. On the bright side, now I can go to the Iowa vs Iowa State football team. Oh, and train for Cozumel Ironman!

No comments:

Post a Comment