Friday, February 24, 2012

T4 Days 2 & 3

T4 (Tami's Tucson Training Trip) days 2 and 3 were full of great riding and wore me out. Day 2 I swam at the Pima YMCA. It was an outdoor pool with an awesome view. I have a few photos but they are on my other camera, so I'll upload when I get home. It's no surprise, but I kind-of forgot how easily it is to get some color while swimming. When I got home I was pleasantly surprised by my swim suit tan lines! After swimming I ate lunch and drove south a ways, parked, and rode toward Madera Canyon.


Once you get through the town at the bottom, its all climbing. On day 3 I rode all the way to the top of the canyon (ok 0.6 tenths from the end of the road-I didn't know the end was so close and it was getting steep!). It was a beautiful ride, especially once I got into the park.

Climb climb climb!

Long slow climbing


After riding we hiked around at the top just a bit. One can hike ~5.5 more miles with another 5,000 feet of climbing, but we didn't go near that far. It would have been fun, but would have taken a long time and I prefer running over walking. If it were socially acceptable I may even run from my car into the grocery store and down the Target isles. Get-r-done, right? 

Classy

I rode from down there somewhere all the way up here!

Snow on the top of those mountains!


Pretty steep at the top



Awesome riding, who's coming with me next year??? Maybe I'll hold an official triathlon camp. Could be a nice career change...

No comments:

Post a Comment