Friday, September 30, 2011

Rough Ride

Ironman training is well under way! I am loving it but it sure can be challenging. Challenging actual training and challenging to make the time to do that training. Yesterday I was supposed to do a 5 hour 30 minute ride. Before starting, all I wanted to do was go at least one mile farther than last week (105.8 miles). However, by mile 2 I knew that I would have to come up with a new goal. Finish without blowing away. Winds were 20-30mph with gust up to blow-you-off-the-road. So I rode on the trail. For 88 miles. Ouch. Never again.

By the numbers-
1- times my bike fell over
2-garden snakes run over
3-times stopped to refill my water bottle
1-pack of cheese-its bought because I forgot my salt tabs and needed salt
4-number of times I screamed out loud from a snake or large bug
11-number of other hard core bikers brave enough to play in the wind
5-number of miles run after the bike
1-bug few into my ear
4951238-number of times I ALMOST wanted to be on my trainer instead

Today I am doing a long run, making tailgating food, and going to the alumni meet and out with some friends. Here are the cupcakes I'm going to make...http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2011/06/cookie-brownie-cupcakes-with-chocolate-marshmallow-frosting/

No comments:

Post a Comment